At Around The House Furniture we want to streamline the process of creating a beautiful home. We already handpick all the highest quality furniture at exceptional prices for our customers to choose from, but sometimes all that choice can be a bit overwhelming and leave you not knowing where to start.
This is why we created our Residential Interior Design Service throughout Teesside, The North East and beyond to cut out all the guesswork and have a scheme tailored to fit your requirements and
budget. One of the biggest misconceptions when it comes to Interior Design is that it’s ‘expensive’, or that it’s only for ‘wealthy’ people. This couldn’t be further from the truth and we’re happy to work with clients from either end of the budget scale to create a bespoke solution to your needs.
Why Choose us?
We’ve been involved with the furniture trade since 2011 and in that time we’ve
built up a wealth of suppliers that we can source products from that aren’t listed
on our website. This can range from more budget friendly options, up to more
luxurious and higher end of the market.
Simply put, hiring an Interior Designer can save you time and money. Making
mistakes can be costly and sometimes a scheme you’ve imagined in your thoughts,
doesn’t always transpire as well in real life when you’ve got it all together.
Save yourself the hassle and hand us the reins to create a home you’ll fall in
love with time and time again.
What can you expect to receive?
As part of our design service, customers can expect to receive;
- A floorplan / Layout plan-
- Style Board with an overall look and style we’re looking to achieve
- Furniture selection
- Fabric swatches / Paint samples / Wallpaper samples / Flooring Choices
- Room Styling on the completion of the project*
*Subject to customers location, this sometimes won’t always be possible but will be discussed with you at the consultation stage.
How does it work?
All Designers work differently and we bespoke our approach to the individual, but as a general guide this is the format our working relationship will take.
- We will email a contact form to the customer to get more information about the services required, budgets, timescales and a general sense of the style they’re looking for. We like to do this because it gives the customer time to have a think about these important points without being put on the spot.
- Initial Consultation. Generally over the phone, we’ll have a chat about all the points on the contact form to gain a better insight into the customers requirements and form a brief from this.
- Site visit (subject to customers location) currently we’re only conducting site visits in the North East to get measurements, photographs of the space and have a face to face meeting with the customer. Don’t worry if you’re outside of this location zone, we can still complete all the Design work remotely based on floorplans and measurements provided by the customer.
- A Style board, Floor Layout Plan, Furniture Schedule and samples will be gathered in this time and we’ll make arrangements with the customer to present these in person. This gives time for feedback and any changes required.
- Once all the plans have been signed off, we invoice for all the furniture and submit the order. We have finance options available to pay for all your furniture, it just requires a minimum of a 10% deposit and subject to the individual, can be offered at 0% interest free credit as a way to split up payments.
- We have all the furniture delivered directly to the customers home and we arrange to come do the styling* once all decorating is complete and is ready for the finishing touches.
*(subject to customers location, this services is currently only offered to our customers in the north east)
We currently charge a flat fee of £350 per room
for all this amazing service (or £250 if you’re located outside of the north
east and cannot access the face to face services).